The Most Expensive-Looking Ways to Wear a Pair of White Jeans
Four cool outfit ideas that demonstrate how to wear white jeans and look modern, from skinny white jeans to boyfriend denim.
Whether you're spending time relaxing on a beach, touring a European city or reading outside in your own back yard, you'll want to be feeling fashionable. Check out these tips for creating the most beautiful and trendy summer wardrobe.
- This year invest in a classic Parisian striped top. It will go with everything in your wardrobe, from high waisted shorts to 50s style tapered trousers. Pop it on when you want to look elegant and expensive, and add a straw hat for a Venetian twist.
- Hair styles for summer 2010 are inspired by braids. Whether you do a large messy fishtail side braid in the style of Alexander Wang's New York show or create a vintage braided updo in the style of Rochas girls, keep experimenting with different plaits for different occasions.
- The crew neck is the neckline of the season, and thank goodness, because this means that gorgeous tanned legs can be shown off to their full advantage whilst you remain elegant and classy. Keep your t-shirts long sleeved as well as high necked, and for extra fashion points invest this season in a high-waisted skirt to mix and match with your multicolored shirts.
- Learn the art of draping and wrapping, if you want to look super chic this summer. Donna Karan's runway was filled with artistic fabric movements and styles, which you can replicate at home by being a bit more experimental and maybe even creating your own chiffon wrapped bodycon dress. Keep the colors neutral for the most subtle effect.
- Blonde hair is the ultimate summery compliment to fresh glowing skin. Take a visit to your hairdresser to get some subtle highlights added that will catch the sun's rays on a hot day by the beach. And keep drinking lots of water so that your skin looks hydrated and fresh.
- Classic shapes mixed with modern prints make for a very pretty but edgy look. Combine lace and sharp tailoring for a similar effect or bright contemporary colors with feminine cuts, and look to Erdem's SS10 show for inspiration.
- Lace is definitely big for this season, as the 'underwear as outerwear' trend continues in high streets as well as on the catwalk. Lace edging on a vest top is a simple way to add it to your wardrobe, or look for a pretty 60s style cream lace dress with a silk slip underneath.
- Neutrals are set to be a big trend for the autumn / winter season, so if you want to start building a wearable wardrobe for the whole year, look to colors like camel, cream, beige, ivory, taupe, peach, nude and antique rose.